The European Forum for Reciprocating Compressors (EFRC) was founded in June 1999 as a non-profit association by 8 of the leading institutions of the recip community, namely:
- HOERBIGER Ventilwerke GmbH (Austria)
- Leobersdorfer Maschinenfabrik AG (Switzerland)
- Neuman & Esser GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Sulzer-Burckhardt Engineering Works Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Technische Universität Dresden (Germany)
- Thomassen International bv (The Netherlands)
- TNO Institut of Applied Physics (The Netherlands)
- Wärtsilä Compression Systems GmbH (Germany)
Our aim was to build a vivid forum incorporating the principles of commercial conferences as well as of an institution promoting the interests of compressor users and compressor industry.
Our geographical reach has grown from Central Europe to entire Europe and to the US from 8 initial members to 42 in 2020.