In the Precompetitive Research Working Group we combine the interest of different parties to solve or investigate problems which are beyond the scope of a single player.
Topics can be basic or fundamental for the design and operation of Reciprocating Compressors and the projects are carried out by the R&D members. In this way the Precompetitive Research Working Group of the EFRC will serve as the scientific arm of the reciprocating compressor community.
The Working Group is open to all EFRC members and the annual budget is funded by participating members. The results are owned by the EFRC and the research results are disclosed to EFRC research group members only. All members are invited to actively participate in the meetings and are also asked to participate in research projects as project coordinator or steering committee member. With some research projects members are also asked to support the research supplying information and enabling tests.
The Working Group meets twice a year, a spring meeting is combined with the General Assembly meeting of the EFRC and a fall meeting. During these meetings the following will be discussed: status of active projects, new project proposals, new ideas for proposals, selection and approval of new projects.
In between the physical meetings, the members are meeting frequently online within Focus Groups to keep every member up to date:
- New concepts & technology (NCT)
- Future energy & compression (FEC)
- Operations & Reliability (O&R)
If you are interested in joining the Precompetitive Research Working Group the following steps apply:
- Become a member of the EFRC (refer to Application to Membership on the EFRC website).
- Contact the Chairman of the Working Group to get an invitation for the next meeting. You are allowed to visit a first meeting as a guest.
- Decide upon your company’s financial contribution to the Working Group.
- Universities are kindly invited to join our R&D meetings and propose projects even without being a member.