The EFRC Student Workshop group spent 4 days (30 May to 2 June) with great hosting companies from the reciprocating compressor community during the EFRC Student Workshop 2023.
We had an exciting programme and are deeply indebted to the following hosts:
- Yara Brunsbüttel explained the process technology and reciprocating compressors’ role in producing ammonia and urea, allowing us access to complex plant components.
- Spilling Technologies GmbH made their crosshead machines for vapour compression and expansion tangible.
- Sauer Compressors, who gave us comprehensive insights into their compressor technologies, their factory halls and the various career opportunities at Sauer.
- Stadtwerke Kiel and their Underground Gas Storage facility in Kiel Rönne, whose plant impressively revealed the use and importance of recips for storing natural gas.
- Paul Schneider (EWE) gave a special presentation about H2 projects @EWE during an evening occasion.
Every single station gave us a unique practical experience. It provided us with many details and background knowledge in a way that would never be possible in a lecture hall. We were able to ask a multitude of questions and were often given unique insights.
The students got a homework task to be solved – the best 3 solutions win attractive prizes like a compressor training at the premises of an EFRC member or free entry to the EFRC Conference in Zagreb.
We are grateful to all participants – the group had a wonderful time with many exciting conversations and fruitful discussions.
Many thanks to the whole team of EFRC, who made this excursion possible. André Eijk (former TNO colleague), Bernd Schmidt (Burckhardt Compression), Tim Norden (Neuman & Esser), Konrad Klotsche (TU Dresden), and Maja Schütz (EFRC Office).
The next workshop will take place in 2025.
Stay tuned on www.recip.org or follow us on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/recip !
Your EFRC Team