EFRC Student Workshop 2018
June 11th to 14th
The following companies kindly hosted our group of 25 students and 3 leaders:
· TNO, Delft / NL
· Shell Refinery, Pernis / NL
· Howden Thomassen Compressors / NL
· Shell Refinery, Wesseling / DE
· Neuman & Esser, Übach-Palenberg / DE
Every day of the excursion was filled with exciting lectures, field visits and interesting discussions that offered the participants a precious insight into the reciprocating compressor, its applications and the industry. Every evening the group enjoyed a common dinner.
These lectures equipped the students with basic and special knowledge about the field of reciprocating compressors:
· EFRC – the history and its aims
· Reciprocating Compressors – Basics
· Pulsations and Vibrations
· How does a recip fit into a refinery?
· Selection and design of reciprocating compressor systems for process gas application
Last but not least the students got the chance to win one of 3 attractive prizes by managing the EFRC-homework within a scheduled time frame.
The winners are:
1st prize: Raphael Brunner / FH Nordwestschweiz
1 week compressor training course at BURCKHARDT COMPRESSION in Winterthur/CH and participation in the 11th EFRC Conference in Madrid including entrance and travel costs
2nd prize: Sascha Kunath / TU Dresden
500 Euro and participation in the 11th EFRC Conference in Madrid including entrance and travel costs
3rd prize: Sergei Parshin / Bauman University Moscow
Participation in the 11th EFRC Conference in Madrid including entrance and travel costs
Read more about the 10th EFRC Student Workshop (als Link behandeln und hier den korrigierten Artikel von siegmund Cierniak verlinken)
The next Student Workshop will take place in 2020.
Information and contact: email@example.com